The tools below can assist the Student Transportation Department in delivering the message about school bus safety. In order to maximize the impact of our school bus safety program, some of the main concepts need to be reiterated throughout the school year. The resources below provide teachers some material that they may be able to use in their classroom to carry these concepts forward throughout the school year.
- School Bus Crafts and Activities (First School)
- School Bus Online Games (North Carolina School Bus Safety Web)
- School Bus Safety Resource Guide (This School Bus Safety Resource Guide provides information on a number of programs and resource materials which can be used to improve school bus safety)
- Elmer the Safety Elephant (Elmer the Safety Elephant is one of the best known and best loved symbols of child safety)
- Safe Kids Canada (The national injury prevention program of Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children)