For those students that do not live within the immediate school area the School Boards provide school bus transportation for eligible students. Please visit our policy page to determine if you are eligible to receive school bus service.
We encourage those individuals that are eligible for the school bus to utilize this service. One school bus can help reduce gridlock around the school and mitigate parental stress of being stuck in traffic and helps the environment by reducing the number of cars polluting the air. The school bus is deemed the safest mode of transportation for students travelling to and from school by utilizing a number of safety elements within the design of the bus to protect the students. Most injuries around a school are a result of an accident that involves parents driving their children to and from school.
It is important that we all understand the rules governing the transportation of students on a school bus. We’ve dedicated a specific ‘Safety’ page to outline some of the issues and resources available to students and parents to ensure that all our students arrive safely both to school and again at the end of the day back to our homes.
What’s stopping you from letting your children use the school bus? Let us know, we will work with our schools and school bus operators to ensure this trip is a viable, safe, and healthy means for our students to get to and from school.
- Are you eligible for school bus service? Please visit your local school for confirmation. Please see our policy page to review eligibility requirements.
- Please be at the pick-up stop location 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- If your child must be met at the drop-off ensure they know what to do if you are not there. All students who must be met should have a purple tag on their backpack to alert the driver.
- If there is no one at the stop to receive a student the driver will keep the student on the bus and return the student to the school.
- If you have to cross the road, always cross in front of the bus and await the driver signal before proceeding.
- Only get off at your designated stop and if the guardian is not there please ensure your child tells the driver.